If your body weight is 15% less than a normal weight, and compelled yourself to eat far less than what is required to your body and possibly exercise excessively because you are convinced you are overweight,
If your body weight is 15% less than a normal weight, and compelled yourself to eat far less than what is required to your body and possibly exercise excessively because you are convinced you are overweightyou may be suffering from this disorder.
- Mental health problems are one of the main causes of the overall disease burden
- Mental health and behavioural problem(e.g. depression, anxiety and drug use) are reported to be the primary drivers of disability worldwide, causing over 40 million years of disability in 20 to 29-year-olds.
What does it feel like to be depressed?
The feeling of depression is deeper, longer and more unpleasant than the short episodes of unhappiness that everyone experiences occasionally.
You will notice:
- persistent sadness or low mood
- not being able to enjoy things
- losing interest in life
- finding it harder to make decisions
- not coping with things that used to be easy
- feeling exhausted
- feeling restless and agitated;
- loss of appetite and weight
- difficulties getting to sleep
You can have a single bout of major depression or you can have recurring episodes. When depression lasts two years or more, it is called persistent depressive disorder. A less common type of depression is called bipolar disorder, or manic-depressive illness. Bipolar disorder involves cycles of depression alternating with extreme highs, or manias.
- Major depression is thought to be the second leading cause of disability worldwide and a major contributor to the burden of suicide and ischemic heart disease.
- It is estimated that 1 in 6 people in the past week experienced a common mental health problem